Tuesday, April 17, 2012

birthday weekend.

Last Friday was my 20th birthday and I had such fabulous weekend thanks to my families and fiance. 

Friday after work I drove down to Ephraim to be with Kapena. When I got there and I walked into his room he had it all decorated with signs and streamers. He bought a plastic table cloth thinking it was a decoration to hang on the wall, so he adapted and used it as a rug instead, he's so cute :). On the bed was my favorite treats, dove and mtn dew. 



Then he asked if it was ok that we just got pizza, cause he didn't have time to do anything else, and I said that sounded good! He left the room then came back with a huge grin on his face holding his homemade baked mac and cheese! I had been craving some for literally months, and he made it from scratch, and let me tell you it was delicious! Between the 2 of us we are going to eat pretty good when we're married.
My shirtless chef


We spent the rest of the night doing my favorite thing, cuddling with my honey watching Modern Family. It was just what I needed, yummy food, and relaxing. The fun was planned for the next day.

Saturday I woke up and went to go watch his scrimmage (happy birthday to me right?) then we headed up to Provo. First he took me to the mall to do a little birthday shopping where he got me a cute fedora that i've been wanting. After that he told me we were going to have dinner at our new favorite Chinese restaurant, Wild Ginger on University Ave. When we walked in I see a table full of our family and a huge "20" balloon, cupcakes and presents on the table, I love our families :).
Dinner was absolutely delicious, and the service there is wonderful. Our waitress even joined in singing happy birthday! Except for it was "happy birssday!". My mom told me to look at her so she could take a picture of me with the candles, but I leaned over to far and all of a sudden everyone was freaking out and I see this flame out of the corner of my eye, yes, I caught my hair on fire. Its ok though, cause I was going to go get a trim later and now I dont have to! ;)

Next it was on to presents! Kapena's brother Kaimana and his girlfriend Shay got me some cami's that I really needed. Kainoa got me an adorable giraffe print scarf, and Kaulana and Leilani got me a pack of 4 nail polishes (they feed my addictions). My new parents got me the most beautiful necklace, it has a pearl and two charms with a K and J on them. I haven't taken it off since I got it! Earlier in the week my mom surprised me with the cutest pants! Brown skinny jeans from American Eagle (best jeans ever), she knows me too well.
20!






 After dinner he took me to see my favorite movie of all time, Titanic. We stopped at Maverik to get snacks and shoved them in my giant purse. The movie was amazing as always, but even better on a huge screen and surround sound. 


Sunday morning was my favorite part, I was able to go with him and his family to get Kapena's, Kaulana's, and Kaimana's patriarchal blessings. I feel so blessed to be a part of this amazing family and for them to take me in the way that they have. I have the brothers and little sister i've always wanted. I love that my mom and his mom are best friends and that I have a second mom that I can sit and talk to for hours. I have a second dad that I know would do anything for me and I know I can always go to him for help. I just love them all to pieces. 

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special!! :)
 

1 comment: