Thursday, April 5, 2012

how him & me became we.

Well, i've got another hour and half of work left with no work to do, so I guess i'll do the typical how you met story. It's a pretty cute one i'd say, and it contains some of my most happy memories.

I'm happy say that we're high school sweethearts, that was something that I dreamed about when I was younger, marrying my high school sweetheart. So that is a lot of fun for me

I knew that something was special about Kapena as soon as I got to know him, and he seemed to know it to. Our relationship was so different from ones I'd had before. This time it wasn't about going to my friends saying "oh my gosh he held my hand, and then kissed me!" or taking pictures together to put on facebook to make sure everyone knew I had a boy friend, you know your typical high school relationships. With him I wanted to sit and talk about everything you can imagine, I truly cared about him and wanted to do my part to make him as happy and successful as I could. 

It all started around fall 2009. My best friend Melissa was dating Kapena's best friend Koa, so naturally we hung around each other. It was funny though, this went on for a few months but we never so much as breathed a word to each other or even acknowledged each others existence. I saw him as a cocky football guy that was obviously way out of my league, and because he ignored me back I just assumed he knew he was to good for me. I always thought he was amazingly handsome but didn't think twice about it. One day during that fall stands out to me. Melissa and I were hanging out and asked if we could go over to Kapena's to hang out with Koa, reluctantly I agreed. We ended up playing football in his front yard. I tried my hardest to look cute and throw the ball as best as I could, and apparently I succeeded cause he remembers this exact day and tells me how cute he thought I was and was impressed with how athletic I was... (HA!). But that night he was going to a girls choice dance. As he left with another girl, and for some reason I found myself feeling jealous.


A few months later we were all at Fat Catz with a bunch of friends playing pool. Melissa told me to come to the bathroom with her, so I did. When we got there she showed me a text from Kapena. "Jen looks so cute tonight :)" From then on I had a crush on him.


Over that winter break we actually started to talk to each other. I found out how funny he was. I would have never guessed from his exterior but he is so funny. A day doesn't go by that he doesn't make me laugh, and I love it. On new years eve we were doing doughnuts in a parking lot with him and I in the back. I was "scared" so I looped my hands around his arm which gave me the biggest butterflies. Now he tells me that he was flexing his bicep the entire time! This is pretty much where everything began.
 
(new years eve, when it all began!)


I remember the exact moment when I realized that he was something very very special. I was at Melissa's hair school one night just hanging out and I was texting Kapena. He mentioned that he was working on packets and was having a hard time. I remember being genuinely worried about his school work and wanting to help, with any other guy it wouldn't have really fazed me. I jumped in my car and started to drive over to help him, this is when I realized something that was huge to me. I am such a painfully shy and awkward person, and in the past I would not hang out with a guy unless there was a group of people that I knew well. I literally just could not be with guys alone. But here I was driving to this guys house that I still didn't really know and I did not even think twice about it. It wont make sense to others as much as it does to me, but this was a huge deal to me. I felt 100% safe and comfortable with him.


Our first kiss is something I could write a whole blog post about, but I'll just summarize for everyone's sake :). All of my first kisses before were horribly awkward and not graceful at all, from my knees wobbling so bad he asked me if I needed to sit down, to the typical trying to tilt your head the same way. But this one could have been in a movie, just amazing! And I will stop there.


Basically he is the most amazing person ever and I love him more than I've ever loved someone before. I can't believe I was lucky enough to get him, and i've promised myself I will never take him for granted.


I could go on forever about our relationship and how lucky I am but i'll save that for another day. :)

2 comments: