Friday, April 20, 2012

a realization.

Yesterday marked one month until are wedding, first of all.. WHAT? I swear a week ago we still had 5 months to go. Time seemed slow in the moment but looking back, it has flown by and I can not be more excited!




When most people describe the last month of their engagement they say how stressed they are scrambling trying to get everything done, and not eating due to stress. For me it has been completely opposite, at the beginning I went and bought a wedding planner and was constantly on wedding sites looking for ideas and just completely going crazy trying to get things done. Going tanning, to the gym, using cuticle oil every night trying to have perfect nails, an apple sauce for breakfast, a few crackers for lunch and a small dinner and other things trying to look my best. Sitting here typing this blog now while drinking a huge mtn. dew, eating powdered doughnuts and junior mints I've realized something. I was so focused on the physical aspect of the wedding, how it looked, how I looked, what people thought, all that sort of stuff.



 Now that it is so close, I am starting to not really care about that stuff anymore, if something doesn't work out just the way I wanted to, so what? If I'm not a perfect size 2, who cares? He thinks I am beautiful and that is all that matters. On that day I am getting sealed to my sweetheart forever, he will never leave my side and I will never leave his. I even tear up while thinking about it because I know I am making the best choice I have ever or will ever make. I get to fall asleep in his arms safe and sound and wake up the same way. I'm not saying that I have thrown all my cares out the window because of course I still want it to be beautiful, and I want to look like my best self and I really shouldn't be stuffing my face right now, but it is not worth all of the stress. Because in the end the out come is the same. For any girls out there stressing about their weddings, just relax and enjoy.




Sorry for the ramble but I hope someone will benefit from it. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect! I really couldn't agree more. Focusing on what's actually important can be hard sometimes for me, but in the end, I just want to be sealed for eternity to the person that I love more than anything. You couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete